When it comes to types of cove lighting, there are many options to choose from. If you’re looking for a way to add some extra flair, elegance, or coziness to your home, workplace, or commercial space, cove lighting may be just what you’re looking for. It’s a type of indirect lighting that is perfect for highlighting features in a room.
Cove lighting is a great way to improve the look and feel of your home or office. It is a versatile lighting option that can be used in a variety of settings. If you want to improve your productivity or add a modern feel to your space, cove lighting may be the solution for you. But before you decide on the most viable one for you, read on to learn more about the benefits cove lighting has to offer.
What are the main advantages of cove lighting?
Cove lighting has many benefits, including energy efficiency, improved productivity, and aesthetic appeal. In addition, it’s perfect for task lighting, creating an inviting atmosphere for any room you place it in. Here are the four main benefits that cove lighting brings to any space.
- Energy efficiency: One of the primary benefits of cove lights is their efficient use of energy as they emit light in all directions.
- Improved productivity: A study by the Lighting Research Center found that workers are 17% more productive in well-lit spaces. With cove lighting, every space can be brightened up and help you to focus on tasks at hand.
- Aesthetic appeal: Cove lights come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, which makes it easy to find one that will match your desired aesthetic for a room or area. They also create focal points which can be aesthetically pleasing.
- Versatility: Cove lighting is perfect for a range of applications such as homes, office buildings, and retail stores. You can use cove lighting to set different moods or atmospheres depending on the size and design of your space.
What are the different types of ceiling cove lighting?
There are many different types of cove lighting available on the market, but which one is right for you?
- Fluorescent: If you’re looking for an energy-efficient form of cove lighting, fluorescent types offer a cost-effective option.
- Linear: Linear or track cover lighting is pricier than fluorescent fixtures but is low voltage and add a beautiful effect to a room. They work well as a means of illuminating counters, kitchen islands, bars and other task light areas.
- LED: These fixtures are the most costly of all of the options however their diminished electricity requirement enables them to be used for extended periods of time without the need to change or replace them. The bulbs are available in a wide range of lighting effects from warm white to color.
- Ceiling: Installed under a lip or trim on a wall and faced upwards, these fixtures shine directly on the ceiling area. They can be installed throughout the entire perimeter of the ceiling or in specifically chosen accent spots. The bright light provided by the bulbs makes the ceiling location successful as a primary light source. The cove lighting fixtures should be positioned about one foot from the ceiling.
- Wall: Cove lighting can be installed under a wall trim and faced downward to shine on a wall. These fixtures are mainly used as accent lights because the bright lights would be too hard on the eyes when they are facing downward.
Looking for an illumination solution for your property? Cove lighting systems offer something extra!
Which type of cove lighting should you choose? That depends on your needs and preferences. If you’re not sure which type is best for you, consult with our professional lighting experts at LF Illumination. We can help you choose the right fixture and install it correctly so you get the most out of your cove lighting.